Friday, June 9

The Chocolate Book Tag


Almost half the year has flown by and I still haven't done a book tag over here, can you believe? That's certainly cause for concern and I'm fixing that right now! The lovely Uma @ Books. Bags. Burgers. did this one over at her blog recently, and I just knew I had to do it. It's chocolate after all, how could I resist?


1. Dark Chocolate - A book that deals with a dark topic


I could list off a whole lot of books here, but I'll go with a book that I feel deserves so much more recognition than it did. Whisper to Me by Nick Lake is a poignant take on mental health- more specifically, the "hearing voices" aspect of schizophrenia- with a brilliantly written protagonist, cute romance that does not result in being a miraculous "cure" and terrific relationships. This book is so, so underrated and it just so breaks my heart. Read it, please?

2. White Chocolate - Your favorite lighthearted or humorous read


The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot or the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. These series are both lighthearted, fun and hilarious with the most fantastic protagonists, friendships and cute romances. Pick them up, if you haven't already, and get ready to have a smile permanently plastered on your face while you get lost in them.

3. Milk Chocolate - A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! I've been to meaning to read this ever since I first read a review and it's been ages but I still haven't gotten around to it. I really, really hope to pick it up soon! Have you read it? Tell me more so I can finally make myself read it too!

4. Chocolate with a caramel center - A book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it


Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. It's the third (and sadly, final) book of the series and I was the personification of mush reading it. So cute, and so, so perfect.  I love the author, I adore the characters, and I'm just so completely satisfied with what the book had in store for them! I'm all heart eyes for this one and if you're a fan of YA contemporary, I think you're seriously missing out if you haven't picked this trilogy up already! 

5. Wafer free Kit Kat - Name a book that has surprised you lately


Being Miss Nobody by Tamsin Winter is a book I was very excited about because of the mental health and blogging aspect of it, but I was so not prepared for the feels it gave me. This book deals with selective mutism, bullying and more, and has one of the best sibling relationships ever! Equally heartbreaking and heartwarming, this one's a must read if you ever feel like reading something MG.

6. Snickers - A book you're going nuts about


This is tough, but I think I'll go with the Broken trilogy by L. A. Weatherly. A thrilling dystopian fantasy set in distorted echo of 1940s America, this book has some of the best written characters ever- so nuanced and layered, and some so, so grey. Terrific world-building, MCs you'd root for even though they may not be necessarily on the same side, power-hungry dictators and astrology- this trilogy has everything I ever wanted in a dystopian. 

7. Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows - A book you would turn to for a comfort read


Harry Potter- always, always, always. I've probably reread the series at least ten times? And I still haven't had enough of it. I'm always up for anything Harry Potter, be it the whole series rereads or just any book I feel like at any given moment. There's just this certain feeling of home to it, and no series will ever be able to replace what Harry Potter is to me. Not even close.

8. Box of Chocolates - What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and something for everyone


I honestly can't think of any other series I'd be able name here that would have something for everyone- the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer has epic action, romance, humour, and the most fabulous cast and world-building ever!

Well, so that's it! Not going to tag anyone- feel free to tag yourself if interested! 

Did these gifs succeed in making you crave chocolate? I sure hope so- I underwent the greatest torture while searching for them, so you'd better be grateful is all I'm saying.

Oh, and also- what do you think of these chocol books? Tell me!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to be done Always and Forever Lara Jean :( it was one of my favourite contemporary series and now I really just don't know what to do with myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGH I'm glad you feel the same, Emily- I'm really, really, really sad that we had to say goodbye to this lovely, lovely, lovely series *bawls eyes out*

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Ruzi for making me crave chocolate and drooling over my keyboard and that too RIGHT AFTER BREAKFAST!!! Omg i'd eat the Gifs if I could :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH you're most welcome, I'm glad you appreciate the gifs ahahaha xD

      Delete
  3. I hate you - I'm now craving chocolate and there is none in the fridge and I can't be bothered to move my ass and go outside to buy some because it's boiling in Spain and I fear my brain and rest of my body will melt.
    I hope you enjoy Six of Crows. I read it when it came out but was a bit disappointed. I liked it alright but it didn't grip me as Shadow and Bone. However, I'm hoping Crooked Kingdom is amazing. As I didn't enjoy as much the last two following Shadow and Bone, maybe the tides will turn and Crooked Kingdom will be a phenomenal read for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry I made you crave chocolate- that so was NOT my intention. For real! *cue puppy dog eyes* The weather's awful here these few days too, I'd kill for some rain >.<
      I really am so stoked for Six of Crows! I'm sad you didn't like it as much as Shadow and Bone, but hopefully CK would work in your favor and be that phenomenal read you hope it would be!!! <3

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)